Title of the project
Programme of Wildlife Habitat Improvement
The main aim of the implementation of the project Wildlife Habitat Improvement is to upgrade wildlife habitats in order to sustain richer biodiversity assemblages and game species populations, both endemic and migratory.
More specific, the main objectives of the project are:
• Ensuring the basic living conditions of natural game species populations and their further development.
• Identifying restriction factors that hinder the development of a living and game species population in a habitat.
• Ensuring the basic conditions that must be met by habitats so that restocking can be made or reintroduction of game where necessary.
• Introduction of pheasant in suitable habitats throughout the country in order to develop robust populations and reduce the hunting pressure on other game species.
• Collaboration between hunters and others interested in the conservation and management of biodiversity.
The main actions which take place during the implementation of the project are the following:
Sowing, Installing natural hedges, Planting fruit trees, Reforestation, Installation of drinking troughs, Cultivation of resources, Raising and freeing endemic game
Volunteer hunters participate in the implementation of the project, and during all the process guidance and supervision of the work is undertaken by habitat specialists, the scientific collaborators of Hunting Organizations in Greece.
|Species Caracteristics||Huntable species, Migratory species, Abundant species|
|Species Type||Birds, Mammals (other tha large carnivores)|
|Other partners||• Hunting Federation of Crete & Dodecanese (www.akokd.gr), • Hunting Federation of Archipelago (www.bkoa.gr), • Hunting Federation of Peloponnese (www.gkop.gr),• Hunting Federation of Sterea Hellas (www.dkose.gr), • Hunting Federation Epirus (www.ekoepirus.gr), • Hunting Federation of Macedonia and Thrace (www.hunters.gr)• Hunting Federation of Thessaly (www.komthes.gr).|